Hello!



Hello! My name is Emma Margaret Simpson and I am a third year illustration student studying at Southampton Solent University. Welcome to my blog documenting my Final Major Project. Here I'll be sharing my processes, thoughts and ideas with you as the project develops.

Saturday 22 March 2014

Through the seasons

I mentioned in my post earlier in the week that I am now planning on changing the seasons throughout the course of the book to add a variety of colour etc.
I've made a start on illustrating this in the form of trees. I drew out six styles of tree with no leaves, and then used tracing paper to create different kinds of leaves, blossom, snow etc. for each of the styles. I then put the leaf layers on top of the trees in photoshop.
This is the result for one of the trees:

I'm pleased with how this has turned out so far, and next week I'll be experimenting with adding colour to see how the final thing might look before continuing to draw the rest of the elements of the scenery.