Hello!



Hello! My name is Emma Margaret Simpson and I am a third year illustration student studying at Southampton Solent University. Welcome to my blog documenting my Final Major Project. Here I'll be sharing my processes, thoughts and ideas with you as the project develops.

Thursday 27 March 2014

The Castle

Today I completed the task of drawing the castle for the book, along with all the cross-sections of the various rooms. I drew the castle out quite large to allow me to get in all the detail that I need, and the drew the cross-sections on thin paper over the top to ensure they all lined up.


Here's the finished illustration of the exterior of the castle:
(un-coloured for now as I still need to decide on that)


And here's an image showing all of the cross-sections, although in the actual book they won't all be used at once. Again this image is un-coloured for now, and I think it'll all be clearer once colour is added:


Next up is the gingerbread house and other cottages. Now that I've got this one done and I'm quite pleased with it, the other buildings seem a little less daunting than a couple of days ago.