Hello!



Hello! My name is Emma Margaret Simpson and I am a third year illustration student studying at Southampton Solent University. Welcome to my blog documenting my Final Major Project. Here I'll be sharing my processes, thoughts and ideas with you as the project develops.

Thursday 13 March 2014

A Fairytale Land

My priority this week has been to make some progress with designing the world that my characters will inhabit. Using my photos and sketches form the new forest, as well some other reference images I've found on Pinterest (and some imagination) I've started to design elements of this world such as the gingerbread house, streams and tree houses.
I mentioned in yesterday's "finding inspiration" post that I think I need to start being a bit more adventurous with these designs to make them feel a bit more "fairy tale like". Some of the drawings I did after that have started to go more in that direction, particularly the ones of the tree houses and the bridges in the trees, but I think I still need to push this a bit further.




I'll be carrying on with these for the rest of the week, and possibly starting to add some colour later on in the week.