Hello!



Hello! My name is Emma Margaret Simpson and I am a third year illustration student studying at Southampton Solent University. Welcome to my blog documenting my Final Major Project. Here I'll be sharing my processes, thoughts and ideas with you as the project develops.

Thursday 6 March 2014

The New Forest

 Yesterday morning me and Selina got the train to Beaulieu Road Station, and followed some directions I'd printed off to Ashurst Station. Along the way we came across a few little streams, ponies, donkeys, and lots and lots of mud! We did some sketching whilst we were there and took plenty of photos for reference:


The main aim of the day was to find some inspiration for the scenery in my work. I'll be creating my own fairytale world for the story but I needed some references of trees, streams, views etc. which I can the combine together. Over the weekend I'll be developing some of these sketches into more detailed illustrations, and make a start on designing the scenes.