Hello!



Hello! My name is Emma Margaret Simpson and I am a third year illustration student studying at Southampton Solent University. Welcome to my blog documenting my Final Major Project. Here I'll be sharing my processes, thoughts and ideas with you as the project develops.

Monday 3 March 2014

Self Promo WIP

This morning we had a work in progress meeting for the self promotion brief.
I took in the little mock-up book that I had made (pictured below) and showed it to Jonny and Pete. The general feedback for my idea was pretty good and they had a couple of suggestions for improving the pacing of the pages:

-Put the double page spread (red riding hood and the wolf) in the middle
-Make the cinderella image slightly smaller and add a backdrop to contrast more with the page next to it


After listening to everyone else's ideas and feedback I came up with a few other changes I also wanted to make:

- Change the front cover to something a bit bolder: forest scene, with title in white circle laid on top?
- Also include a postcard or 2: 1 image of a character, and 1 with the "Once upon a time" typography piece?
- Make stickers/labels to put on the back of the postcards and on the envelopes

I also need to work on something for the envelope, which I'm thinking could be an illustration of a looking glass as a frame for the address.

I'll be working on this for the rest of today and tomorrow, ready to get them posted by monday morning.