Hello!



Hello! My name is Emma Margaret Simpson and I am a third year illustration student studying at Southampton Solent University. Welcome to my blog documenting my Final Major Project. Here I'll be sharing my processes, thoughts and ideas with you as the project develops.

Monday 10 March 2014

Designing the scenery

 Over the weekend I made a start on designing some of the scenery for this project (mainly trees at the moment). Each scene will be quite full of characters with a lot going on, and the story will follow the characters taking a journey throughout the book, so in order to do that I am planning on creating my own "fairytale world". I'll be designing this (and possibly making a map for it) before I start really placing the characters into the scenes.
Here's the designs I've got for the trees so far:





Over the week I'll be looking at all the other aspects of the scenery such as the Gingerbread house, the Palace, lakes and streams etc.