Hello!



Hello! My name is Emma Margaret Simpson and I am a third year illustration student studying at Southampton Solent University. Welcome to my blog documenting my Final Major Project. Here I'll be sharing my processes, thoughts and ideas with you as the project develops.

Monday 3 March 2014

More character designs

I spent most of last week after the Work in Progress working on more designs of the characters (which is also working towards my self promotion piece). I'm having a bit of trouble with some of the "evil" characters as thats not the sort of thing I'm used to drawing (I tend to stick to animals, nature and other "pretty" things) but I think I'm starting to get there with them. I'm particularly pleased with the designs for Cinderella (top left, top middle, and middle right) and Hansel & Gretel (centre).


Next up I'll be adding colour to some of these to use in my Self promotion, and on wednesday I'm heading to the New Forest to make a start on some illustrations of scenery.