Hello!



Hello! My name is Emma Margaret Simpson and I am a third year illustration student studying at Southampton Solent University. Welcome to my blog documenting my Final Major Project. Here I'll be sharing my processes, thoughts and ideas with you as the project develops.

Monday 5 May 2014

Pages 6-11

Over the weekend I finished putting together the rest of the pages, without adding colour so it will be easier to make any necessary changes.

I'm quite pleased with how they are looking, and its great to see all the elements coming together.
As before, at the moment the pages are looking a bit repetitive, but once the colour is added and they are printed out and viewed at full size, this should be improved.

Page 6:


Page 7:


Page 8:


Page 9:


Page 10:


Page 11:


On some of the pages, certain elements are more in the foreground, to add a bit of depth to the image. For example, in page 7 Snow White and the Queen are brought into the foreground just as Snow is about to eat the apple, a key point in that story.

I'll be printing these into a dummy book to allow me to look through everything properly and make any necessary changes, and then moving on to add the colour.