Hello!



Hello! My name is Emma Margaret Simpson and I am a third year illustration student studying at Southampton Solent University. Welcome to my blog documenting my Final Major Project. Here I'll be sharing my processes, thoughts and ideas with you as the project develops.

Monday 5 May 2014

Dummy Book

After completing my pages over the weekend I printed them out and created a new dummy book:



I read through the book several times (as the reader is intended to, picking one character and following their story through the book, and then starting again with another character and so on) and made notes of any changes I wanted to make.


A few of the characters needed to be made a little bigger or smaller, and some needed to be moved around slightly so that the order made more sense.
I've now made all of these changes and am ready to start adding the colour to the pages, although I may still make a couple of changes as I go as things will look quite different once colour is added.